Friends

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream





Hello everyone!  Today is Mermaid's Dream by Deborah Lippmann.  I have been waiting for this polish since Lippmann released a sneak peak photo of this, back in November I think.  I was originally going to order from Lippmann's website, but actually, Neiman Marcus ended up having it before her site did, and with free shipping!!!  You can order HERE for $18.  Shipping was very quick, but they stuck this tiny little polish into a HUGE box! lol  I thought that was really unneccesary!  Anyway, I tried for a while to hold off, but the more I saw of this beauty, I knew it would need to be in my collection soon!

In the pictures below towards the end, you'll see the amazing shift this polish has!  I have seen a few reviews, but did not notice it until I got my own bottle.  There are so many things going on here.  You have this seafoam green frosty/shimmery color.  Add in some gold fine glitter, and sprinkle some medium blue hexagons.  Then to top it off, the polish shifts from sea foam to a light blue?  I feel like it is a dream!! ;-) lol In some lights, it even looks more gold/green too.  This is a very complex color, and very different from anything I've seen before. 

It applies extremely well.  I had minimal cleanup and maybe could have gotten away with 2 coats, but for the pictures I did 3.  I would have been disappointed if I had any bald spots for pics ;-)  Also, it dries very fast, which is a huge plus!  But if I wore this again, I may just do one thin and a second thicker coat and top it off!  Now this polish is quite gritty.  I applied 1 coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast and 1 of Seche Vite.  It's a lot smoother now, but I think I could even use a second coat of Seche Vite to be completely glossy!  It may sound like there is a bit of work to get this bad boy on, but really, don't you think it's worth it?  Ok, check out the pictures and then decide... 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
See that amazing shift!? Love it - so unexpected!
 
 



Ok, so are you as in love as I am?  I am so glad I finally threw this in my cart and just clicked check out.  I realize this is a higher end polish and not everyone wants to spend that on polish, but if you were to ever purchase a Deborah Lippmann, this would definitely be the one to go for.  I know Revlon keeps making dupes, but I can almost guarantee that they won't put as much effort into this as Lippmann did.  This is one complex and gorgeous shade!

The Home Shopping Network has more info on this polish.  I'm not sure why Lippmann's website doesn't list this, because I found it interesting!!

Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer

Summon your inner sea creature with this glittery ocean-inspired polish. The creation of celebrity manicurist Deborah Lippmann, it glides on evenly and effortlessly and dries quickly for a long-lasting, truly professional finish. And you can feel good about wearing this lacquer because it has no formaldehyde, toluene or DBP
What it Does
Provides luxuriously rich nail color
Helps strengthen and hydrate nails
Features

Glittered shimmer seafoam shade
Highly pigmented formula
Free of formaldehyde, toluene and dibutyl phthalates
Slightly thicker consistency and densely packed brush bristles
Made with fine ingredients for beauty treatment benefits
Contains biotin and green tea, along with Aucoumea Klaineana extract (a botanical resin from West African trees)

Hope you enjoyed the many pictures!!

Much Love,
Crystal 

7 comments:

  1. I need this in my life! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so lovely on you Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Polish Amor, I hope you get it! It is a wonderful polish!

    Tracy, isn't it awesome! Hope you get it too!

    Thank you, Marisa! I love it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so beautiful! I only have one mini Deborah Lippmann but I think this is going to be my first full size purchase once it's available in my country! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this polish! This is my one and only Lippmann and it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't own any Deborah Lippmann polishes, but this is making me reconsider! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete